Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Beloved Chessie

I haven't posted in a while, but I do need to write that my beloved dog, Chessie, passed away in her sleep on the 18th of May. She was my beautiful sweet girl for five years. I rescued her from the Chesapeake Bay Retirever Relief and Rescue organization. At the time, she was believed to be about 6 years old and had been contained in a cage for several years used only for breeding. We gave her so much love and she gave us memories that will last a lifetime.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I lost my cat of 13 years in March and wrote about it in my blog - http://web.mac.com/amyrsinn - it's tough but I'll never forget him, as I'm sure you won't.

Congratulations on finishing your home study! We're finishing ours on Friday! It sounds like we are at the same stage of the process, and we are with WHFC too! Good luck! I'll forward to keeping in touch. Amy

Unknown said...

Gosh, it has been way too long since I have checked in. I am sorry, I am sooooo sorry about your Chessie. We had to put our Beany to sleep this July and lost another dog who was my "heart" dog last September, actually a year ago tomorrow. Today though we brought home a Jack Russell from a rescue!! He is giving our golden a bit of trouble so I hope that we can make this work! I need dogs in my life!!!!!! Good luck with your dossier.
Kristin